At DiaMedica Therapeutics, we seek talented contributors who thrive in a high-energy team environment and want to make a real and lasting impact in the field of therapeutics. DiaMedica Therapeutics teams are creative, collaborative, open, committed–and central to the success of this company and its mission. If this is the kind of company you want to work for, we want to hear from you.
Please, no unsolicited resumes from recruiters.
Chief Scientific Officer (Remote Possible)
DiaMedica Therapeutics Inc. has an immediate opening for a Chief Scientific Officer. DiaMedica is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company primarily focused on the development of novel recombinant proteins. Our goal is to use our patented and in-licensed technologies to establish DiaMedica as a leader in the development of therapeutic treatments from novel recombinant proteins. We plan to advance DM199, our lead drug candidate, through required clinical trials to create shareholder value by establishing its clinical and commercial potential as a therapy for CKD and AIS. We are currently enrolling subjects in a Phase 2 trial in chronic kidney disease (CKD) and have recently successfully completed a Phase Ib study in CKD and a Phase 2 study in acute ischemic stroke (AIS).
The primary role of the Chief Scientific Officer is to oversee the scientific functions of the company, including basic and applied research projects, as well as the development of new processes, technologies or products with a demonstrated history of maintaining currency on technological advances and industry trends, and effectively advising the organization in scientific matters. Like other jobs for top executives, this management position combines discipline-specific knowledge with leadership and business skills to promote the efficiency, profitability and competitive position of a company.
- PhD degree with knowledge and experience in Research and Development with a preference for renal research experience.
- 15 years minimum experience in Research and Development with pharmaceutical and/or biotechnology industry.
- Work with key individuals and resources to establish and validate in-vivo/ex-vivo models for the Company’s current and future product candidates.
- Work with the Company’s leadership team to define/determine appropriate non-clinical study priorities that align with the Company’s overall mission and create a sense of urgency for the completion of R&D projects.
- Make recommendations on future projects, such as new research opportunities or technological ventures.
- Present the scientific goals and interests of the company at scientific meetings, industry conventions and shareholder events.
- Manage the strategic development and maintenance of the Company’s Intellectual Property portfolio in alignment with the Company’s mission.
- Budgetary responsibility for the R&D function including providing strategic input to the annual and long-range budgetary process of the Company.